Many people complain that vegetable is very boring but I don’t think so. Recently I found out that there are numerous ways to cook vegetables. You can roast them with olive oil and sea salt to enjoy the natural flavour or can mix them with specific spice, such as cinamon, cayenne pepper to enhance their flavour. Add extra nuts, dressing or even cheese will make them more attractive and taste better.
Having a healthy diet for more than half year, from a starch – addicted now I feel very bad everytime when I have to much starch or fried dishes. Eating healthy with plant – based and reducing amount of sugar and starch which lead to stressful and tiredness make me feel much more better.
This recipe was inspired by beautiful weather with full of sunshine and not cold anymore. I wish a day in summer time can last more than 24 hours then I can have more chance to enjoy the sun. England is only beautiful in few months then winter will come and will cover me with jumpers, coats, boots and scarfs. Day will be much shorter …omg I don’t want to think about it anymore, let’s enjoy the sun with super tasty, light and healthy salad.
Brocoli, cauliflower and pumpkin are all good vegetables which are very nutritious. Pumpkin provides lots of vitamin A and C, and it has a naturally sweet flavour which will emerged when cooked (roasted, steamed or boiled). Brocoli is my favourite not only because of it’s colour but also it is a rich source of vitamin K, C, A and potassium. Cauliflower contains antioxidants and phytonutrients which can help against cancer. So too many good things in only one dish but it’s even better when serves with dressing which is made from lime juice, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkling with chopped peanut.
For the salad:
– 1 cup pumpkin
– 1 cup brocoli
– 1 cup cauliflower
– 4 quail eggs
– 30 gram peanuts
For the dressing:
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon lime juice (can use lemon juice instead)
– 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
– a pinch of salt
– Mix every ingredients to make dressing well then set aside.
For the salad:
– Cut pumpkin into small cubes. Cut brocoli and califlowers into small pieces.
– Steam all together in 7 minutes or you can boil them. If you don’t have time can put all together into microwave in 2-3 minutes.
– Bring water to boil in a pan. When water start to boil, add 4 quail eggs and boil in 2-3 minutes to make soft – boiled egg or 5-6 minutes to make hard – boiled eggs. Because of the size of quail eggs then just need short time to boil them, if you use chicken free range eggs then need more time to boil.
– Place quail eggs into cold water until they are cold enough to handle.
– Shell the eggs then cut into half.
– In a mixing bowl add brocoli, pumpkin and cauliflower and quail eggs. Pour into dressing and mix well. Should not mix too hard then can break the eggs. Add more black peper and sprinkle chopped peanuts to enhance it’s flavour.
If you do not have it immediately then can cover it and put it into the fridge, it taste even better especially in a summer day.
Sharing is caring!